Sunday 13 October 2013

Passerby Beheaded as Two Brothers Fight

An innocent passerby, Christopher Udi was hacked to death by a man quarrelling with his younger brother over  land. The assailant, Maduka Samuel Ogbu, 38, had attempted to strike his brother, Peter Ogbu with a machete during a quarrel in their farm at Mgbede Akaeze in Ivo  Local Government Area of Ebonyi State. Peter escaped after being hit in the back.

Maduka saw Udi passing by, and thinking he was a friend to his younger brother, hit him with the machete which severed the head of the innocent man.

Maduka said,  “I have a land dispute with my brother, which the elders in the community have assisted to settle to no avail. I set fire, which spread to my brother’s farm and damaged the crops. He challenged me. We started to quarrel and suddenly I removed my machete and wanted to strike him dead but unfortunately he ran and the machete hit him in the back. I didn’t know that Christopher Udi was not his friend. I saw  him at the spot and chopped off his head and he died.”

No comments:

Post a Comment